Gauhati University is going to conduct Open Textbook Examination for the Under-graduate and Post-graduate students. Read this article to get the full notifications, process of examination and the procedure to write and submit the answer scripts.
What is Open Textbook Examination?
The Open Text Book Examination (OTBE) or Open Book Examination (OBE) is an examination, where a student is allowed to consult books (or study materials) while writing the answers. For all other aspects, the OTBE or OBE is similar to a traditional examination. It will also have a limited time schedule within which the student needs to write the answers and submit the answer script.
Except Assamese and Bengali, postgraduate examinations of all other subjects will be conducted by the respective PG departments of GU. All PG examinee (except Assamese and Bengali) are hereby requested to contact their respective departments regarding their examinations. The schedule of such examinations can be found in GU’s General Notification Portal and Examination Notification Portal.
Salient Features of the OTBE-2021
The examinations in this session will be an OTBE which will be held
ONLY Theory Part of the examination will held now. Details about Practical Examinations will be notified later. Besides, the duration of various examinations will be published with the respective examination schedules.
2. There WILL NOT be any offline OR physical facility during the whole process of examination. All processes including downloading of question papers and uploading of answer scripts will ONLY be available in the online mode.
3. All students have to equip themselves with proper equipment with sufficient network connectivity bandwidth and data pack so as to comfortably complete the OTBE within the stipulated time. It is extremely imortant to note that the university will NOT entertain any complaint in this regard.
4. The university will provide a Practice Examination Session for the students to rehearse the entire procedure before the actual examination starts.
The Examination Procedure
Following are the steps which a student will need to follow in order to appear in the OTBE. The detailed date and respective online links will be published in due course of time.
Prior to the OTBE-2021
1. The student will need to update his / her mobile number through the IUMS .
2. The student is advised to visit the Practice OTBE portal for a rehearsal of the whole process.
On the day of the OTBE-2021
The Question Paper of OTBE-2021