Evaluation Process of Assam HSLC & HSSLC Final Examination 2021
Due to COVID-19 pandemic the examination to be conducted by the Board of Secondary Education (SEBA), Assam for HSLC/AHM and by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC), for Higher Secondary in the year 2021 could not be held in time. For conducting the examination consultation with various stakeholders was done from time to time including with the Health Department of the Government of Assam.
The matter was also discussed by the Cabinet, in its meeting held on 16th June, 2021 and the Cabinet recommended that it would not be possible to conduct HSLC, High Madrassa and Higher Secondary Final Examination in view of the prevailing positivity rate of COVID-19. Cabinet also suggested that final decision would be taken in this regard on 18th June, 2021 at a meeting held between Education Department and various other stakeholders.
In accordance with the direction of Cabinet, a meeting of the different stakeholders was held on 18th June, 2021 to discuss the issue. In the meeting Health Department has given presentation on the prevailing situation of COVID-19 district wise including its probable continuity. After threadbare discussion it was resolved that as decided by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Examination Boards of some other states, the Examination to be conducted by AHSEC and SEBA for the year 2021 should be cancelled and also in order to save the academic year of students, as decided by the CBSE and other Boards, results have to be published by AHSEC and SEBA in time through alternative method of Evaluation.
Download the Official Notification from below
The Chairman AHSEC and SEBA informed that internal assessment marks of selected subjects and Practical Examination of selected subjects have already been completed and the marks secured by each of the candidates are already uploaded in their respective system. But they do not have any system of recording marks secured by students in Internal Examination conducted by the school, like Unit Test, Half Yearly/ Annual/ Test Examination etc. These records are available with schools only. Therefore subject wise evaluation of each students for theory portion are to be done by adopting some principles as decided by the Government of Assam.
Read more about Assam HSLC & HSSLC Final Examination 2021
Accordingly the Education Department, Government of Assam decided to cancel the examination and also decided to constitute two different Committees separately for the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) and Board of Secondary Education (SEBA), Assam to suggest the procedure to be adopted to prepare the results of HSLC/AHM (Class-X Final) and Higher Secondary Final Examination (Class-12) for the academic year 2021.
Committee for HSLC/AHM (Class-10 Final Examination)
A. Committee for HSLC/AHM (Class-X Final) Examination
1. Dr. Alok Buragohain, Former VC DU
and Chairperson Academic RGU — Chairman
2. Chairman SEBA — Member
3. Sri SN Das Deputy Secretary, Secondary Education — Member
4. Sri Prasana Bora, IS Kamrup (Metro) — Member
5. Sri Ranjit Dam, Principal, Kachokhana HSS Dhubri — Member
6. Sri Hakim Tarafdar, Principal, Jaraguri HSS Kokrajhar— Member
7. Sri CN Rai, Principal, Kamrup Academy Kamrup (Metro) — Member
8. Sri Mrinal Khaund, Head Master, Muhiram Hazarika
High School, Golaghat — Member
9. Secretary SEBA — Convenor
Committee for Higher Secondary Final Examination
B. Committee for Higher Secondary Final Examination
1. Prof. Dipak Kumar Sharma VC Kumar Bhaskar Varma
& Ancient Studies University— Chairman
2. Chairman AHSEC — Member
3. Smt. Nibedita Laskar, Joint Secretary, Higher Education— Member
4. Dr. SN Barman, Principal, B Barooah College — Member
5. Dr. S Borkotoky, Principal, Nagaon College — Member
6. Sri Idris Ali, Principal, Dhubri Boys HSS — Member
7. Sri Ratan Pal, Narsingh HSS, Silchar — Member
8. Smt. Dipika Choudhury, IS, Dibrugarh — Member
9. Secretary, AHSEC — Convenor
Terms and Conditions of the Committee
Terms and Conditions of the Committee
1. The respective Committees will have to submit the procedure to be adopted by each school to evaluate each student, subject wise for the marks assigned against theory portion of each subject.
2. The procedures must be based on available records in the school against each student.
3. The respective Committees may study the procedure adopted by CBSE and other Examination Boards to arrive at a decision.
4. The respective Committee must give their report within seven days from the date of constitution of the Committee.
The Board of Secondary Education, Assam and Assam Higher Secondary Education Council have to provide all technical and official support to the respective Committee in order to arrive at a decision.
On receipt of their report after proper examination Education Department, Government of Assam will issue necessary instruction to all concerned offices and schools to do the needful. AHSEC and SEBA will prepare the final result after incorporating the marks of Internal Assessment, Practical Examination and marks against theory portion as received from the respective schools within 30th July, 2021.