1. Which of the following comprise teaching skill?
(A) Black Board writing
(D) All the above
2. Which of the following statements is most appropriate?
(A) Teachers can teach.
(B) Teachers help can create in a student a desire to learn.
(C) Lecture Method can be used for developing thinking.
(D) Teachers are born.
3. The first Indian chronicler of Indian history was:
(C) Huan Tsang
4. Which of the following statements is correct?
(A) Syllabus is a part of curriculum.
(B) Syllabus is an annexure to curriculum.
(C) Curriculum is the same in all educational institutions affiliated to a particular university.
(D) Syllabus is not the same in all educational institutions affiliated to a particular university.
5. Which of the two given options is of the level of understanding?
(I) Define noun.
(II) Define noun in your own words.
(A) Only I
(B) Only II
(C) Both I and II
(D) Neither I nor II
6. Which of the following options are the main tasks of research in modern society?
(I) to keep pace with the advancement in knowledge.
(II) to discover new things.
(III) to write a critique on the earlier writings.
(IV) to systematically examine and critically analyse the investigations/sources with objectivity.
(A) IV, II and I
(B) I, II and III
(C) I and III
(D) II, III and IV
7. Match List-I (Interviews) with List-II (Meaning) and select the correct answer from the code given below:
List – I (Interviews) List – II (Meaning)
(a) structured interviews (i) greater flexibility approach
(b) Unstructured interviews (ii) attention on the questions to be answered
(c) Focused interviews (iii) individual life experience
(d) Clinical interviews (iv) Pre determined question
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
(B) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
(C) (v) (ii) (iv) (i)
(D) (i) (iii) (v) (iv)
8. What do you consider as the main aim of inter disciplinary research?
(A) To bring out holistic approach to research.
(B) To reduce the emphasis of single subject in research domain.
(C) To over simplify the problem of research.
(D) To create a new trend in research methodology.
9. One of the aims of the scientific method in research is to:
(A) improve data interpretation
(B) eliminate spurious relations
(C) confirm triangulation
(D) introduce new variables
10. The depth of any research can be judged by:
(A) title of the research.
(B) objectives of the research.
(C) total expenditure on the research.
(D) duration of the research.
Read the following passage and answer the questions 11 to 15:
The superintendence, direction and control of preparation of electoral rolls for, and the conduct of, elections to Parliament and State Legislatures and elections to the offices of the President and the Vice – President of India are vested in the Election Commission of India. It is an independent constitutional authority.
Independence of the Election Commission and its insulation from executive interference is ensured by a specific provision under Article 324 (5) of the constitution that the chief Election Commissioner shall not be removed from his office except in like manner and on like grounds as a Judge of the Supreme Court and conditions of his service shall not be varied to his disadvantage after his appointment.
In C.W.P. No. 4912 of 1998 (Kushra Bharat Vs. Union of India and others), the Delhi High Court directed that information relating to Government dues owed by the candidates to the departments dealing with Government accommodation, electricity, water, telephone and transport etc. and any other dues should be furnished by the candidates and this information should be published by the election authorities under the commission.
11. The text of the passage reflects or raises certain questions:
(A) The authority of the commission cannot be challenged.
(B) This would help in stopping the criminalization of Indian politics.
(C) This would reduce substantially the number of contesting candidates.
(D) This would ensure fair and free elections.
12. According to the passage, the Election Commission is an independent constitutional authority. This is under Article No.
13. Independence of the Commission means:
(A) have a constitutional status.
(B) have legislative powers.
(C) have judicial powers.
(D) have political powers.
14. Fair and free election means:
(B) to maintain law and order
(C) regional considerations
(D) role for pressure groups
15. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from his office under Article :
16. The function of mass communication of supplying information regarding the processes, issues, events and societal developments is known as:
(A) content supply
17. The science of the study of feedback systems in humans, animals and machines is known as:
(B) reverse communication
(C) selectivity study
(D) response analysis
18. Networked media exist in inter-connected:
(A) social environments
(B) economic environments
(C) political environments
(D) technological environments
19. The combination of computing, telecommunications and media in a digital atmosphere is referred to as:
(A) online communication
(B) integrated media
(C) digital combine
20. A dialogue between a human-being and a computer programme that occurs simultaneously in various forms is described as:
(A) man-machine speak
(B) binary chat
(C) digital talk
21. Insert the missing number: 16/32, 15 /33, 17/31, 14/34 ?
22. Monday falls on 20th March 1995. What was the day on 3rd November 1994?
23. The average of four consecutive even numbers is 27. The largest of these numbers is:
24. In a certain code, FHQK means GIRL. How will WOMEN be written in the same code?
25. At what time between 4 and 5 O’clock will the hands of a watch point in opposite directions?
(A) 45 min. past 4
(B) 40 min. past 4
(C) 50 4/11 min. past 4
(D) 54 6/11 min. past 4
26. Which of the following conclusions is logically valid based on statement given below?
Statement: Most teachers are hard working.
(I) Some teachers are hard working.
(II) Some teachers are not hard working.
(A) Only (I) is implied
(B) Only (II) is implied
(C) Both (I) and (II) are implied
(D) Neither (I) nor (II) is implied
27. Who among the following can be asked to make a statement in Indian Parliament?
(A) Any MLA
(B) Chief of Army Staff
(C) Solicitor General of India
(D) Mayor of Delhi
28. Which of the following conclusions is logically valid based on statement given below?
Statement: Most of the Indian states existed before independence.
(I) Some Indian States existed before independence.
(II) All Indian States did not exist before independence.
(A) only (I) is implied
(B) only (II) is implied
(C) Both (I) and (II) are implied
(D) Neither (I) nor (II) is implied
29. Water is always involved with landslides. This is because it:
(A) reduces the shear strength of rocks
(B) increases the weight of the overburden
(C) enhances chemical weathering
(D) is a universal solvent
30. Direction for this question:
Given below are two statements (a) and (b) followed by two conclusions (i) and (ii). Considering the statements to be true, indicate which of the following conclusions logically follow from the given statements by selecting one of the four response alternatives given below the conclusion :
(a) all businessmen are wealthy.
(b) all wealthy people are hard working.
(i) All businessmen are hard working.
(ii) All hardly working people are not wealthy
(A) Only (i) follows
(B) Only (ii) follows
(C) Only (i) and (ii) follows
(D) Neither (i) nor (ii) follows
31. Using websites to pour out one’s grievances is called:
(A) cyber venting
(B) cyber ranting
(C) web hate
(D) web plea
32. In web search, finding a large number of documents with very little relevant information is termed:
(A) poor recall
(B) web crawl
(C) poor precision rate
(D) poor web response
33. The concept of connect intelligence is derived from:
(A) virtual reality
(B) fuzzy logic
(C) Bluetooth technology
(D) value added networks
34. Use of an ordinary telephone as an Internet applicance is called:
(A) voice net
(B) voice telephone
(C) voice line
(D) voice portal
35. Video transmission over the Internet that looks like delayed livecasting is called:
(A) virtual video
(B) direct broadcast
(C) video shift
(D) real-time video
36. Which is the smallest North-east State in India?
37. Tamilnadu coastal belt has drinking water shortage due to:
(A) high evaporation
(B) sea water flooding due to tsunami
(C) over exploitation of ground water by tube wells
(D) seepage of sea water
38. While all rivers of Peninsular India flow into the Bay of Bengal, Narmada and Tapti flow into the Arabian Sea because these two rivers:
(A) Follow the slope of these rift valleys
(B) The general slope of the Indian peninsula is from east to west
(C) The Indian peninsula north of the Satpura ranges, is tilted towards the west
(D) The Indian peninsula south of the satpura ranges is tilted towards east
39. Soils in the Mahanadi delta are less fertile than those in the Godavari delta because of:
(A) erosion of top soils by annual floods
(B) inundation of land by sea water
(C) traditional agriculture practices
(D) the derivation of alluvial soil from red-soil hinterland
40. Which of the following institutions in the field of education is set up by the MHRD Government of India?
(A) Indian council of world Affair, New Delhi
(B) Mythic Society, Bangalore
(C) National Bal Bhawn, New Delhi
(D) India International Centre, New Delhi
41. Assertion (A): Aerosols have potential for modifying climate
Reason (R): Aerosols interact with both short waves and radiation
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
42. ‘SITE’ stands for:
(A) System for International technology and Engineering
(B) Satellite Instructional Television Experiment
(C) South Indian Trade Estate
(D) State Institute of Technology and Engineering
43. What is the name of the Research station established by the Indian Government for ‘Conducting Research at Antarctic?
(A) Dakshin Gangotri
(C) Uttari Gangotri
(D) None of the above
44. Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) includes:
(A) Department of Elementary Education and Literacy
(B) Department of Secondary Education and Higher Education
(C) Department of Women and Child Development
(D) All the above
45. Parliament can legislate on matters listed in the State list:
(A) With the prior permission of the President.
(B) Only after the constitution is amended suitably.
(C) In case of inconsistency among State legislatures.
(D) At the request of two or more States.
The following pie chart indicates the expenditure of a country on various sports during a particular year. Study the pie chart and answer it Question Number 46 to 50.
46. The ratio of the total expenditure on football to that of expenditure on hockey is:
47. if the total expenditure on sports during the year was Rs. 1,20,000,00 how much was spent on basket ball?
(A) Rs. 9,50,000
(B) Rs. 10,00,000
(C) Rs. 12,00,000
(D) Rs. 15,00,000
48. The chart shows that the most popular game of the country is :
49. Out of the following country’s expenditure is the same on :
(A) Hockey and Tennis
(B) Golf and Basket ball
(C) Cricket and Football
(D) Hockey and Golf
50. If the total expenditure on sport during the year was Rs. 1,50,00,000 the expenditure on cricket and hockey together was:
(A) Rs. 60,00,000
(B) Rs. 50,00,000
(C) Rs. 37,50,000
(D) Rs. 25,00,000