Teacher is like a philosopher who guide his student. He is responsible to be aware about growth and development of the students. It is educational psychology which enables the teacher to use various techniques. The importance of educational psychology and teacher has the following points:-
1. Educational psychology helps teacher to know that how learning takes place.
2. It enables a teacher that how learning process should be initiated, how to motivate, how to memorize or learn.
3. It helps teachers to guide the students in right direction in order to channelized student’s abilities in right direction.
4. It informs a teacher about the nature of learners and his potentialities.
5. It helps a teacher to develop a student personality because the whole educational process is for student’s personality development.
6. It helps a teacher to adjust his methodologies of learning to the nature/demand of the learner.
7. It enables a teacher to know the problems of individual differences and treat every student on his/her merit.
8. It helps a teacher that how to solve the learning problems of a student.
Importance of Educational Psychology in Learning
Following are the points which show the importance of educational psychology in learning process:-
Educational psychology studies various factors which have impacts upon students, which may include home environment, social grouping, peer group, his/her emotional sentiments, and mental hygiene etc. Various methods are used in order to get the desired data about the learner in order to know about him/her mentally and behavior and its manifestation.
2. The Learning Process
Here educational psychology investigate that how information and knowledge be transferred and what kinds of methodologies should be used for that purpose.
3. Learning Situation
Educational psychology studies the factors which are situational in nature that how environment like of classroom be managed and how discipline be maintained. Besides it, it studies various audio-visual aids and its role in facilitating the teaching-learning process.
4. Curriculum Development
Educational psychology helps curriculum developers that what kind of curriculum should be made and what kinds of content be given to teachers to transfer to the next generations.
5. Evaluation Techniques
Educational psychology helps educators that what kinds of evaluation techniques should be used to test the learners that to what extent information and concept have been transferred.
1 thought on “Application of Educational Psychology in Teaching-Learning Process”
Pingback: Education and Economic Development - YOUR SMART CLASS